Learning never stops! And with Skillshare, you can thrive lifelong learning smoothly and cost-effectively. We all love to learn our passion after college life ends but moving ahead in our career limits our wings.
But now it is possible!
Skillshare is a platform where you can perceive limitless skills taught by creators, entrepreneurs, teachers, and experts. A great platform to feed your brain with a wealth of skills and knowledge.
Skillshare is also an online learning community with thousands of courses for creative and curious people on topics like illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more.
The best feature of the platform is that you can indulge your love of learning at any stage of your professional journey. It allows you to stream or download online courses from anywhere.
However, finding a good and reliable learning platform can be a daunting chore, especially when there are so many choices on the market. Skillshare marks the best out of it.
Today we break down the Skillshare review to reveal the secrets of this learning platform and whether it is worth the investment. Let us jump into the best online learning platform- Skillshare review 2022!
Skillshare is one of the best online learning platforms for those looking to learn new skills and improve existing ones. It was founded in 2012 and has overgrown with thousands of courses in various disciplines.
Skillshare is an American company with users all over the world. The platform currently has over 5 million users, most of whom are from the United States.
Skillshare community in 2022 has over 12 million registered users and 8,000 teachers on the platform. The prominent categories that the Skillshare platform provides are;
- Photo and film
There are numerous lessons and subtopics under these categories. Skillshare classes cover themes and chapters for all roles and levels.
Also, there is unlimited access to over 35,000 high-impact classes from;
- Soft skills and EQ
- Business and Marketing Essentials
- Extended creative
- Well-being and mental health
The platform offers numerous courses designed and taught by industry professionals and experts. So, you get the lessons from the experts and well-experienced ones.
One thing that makes Skillshare classes unique is that it has a social component where you can share your work with classmates and join groups of people with similar interests.
No, Skillshare courses are full of fascinating knowledge and lessons, but unfortunately, they are not certified. No certificate on completion.
It helps ensure that your skills and professional career improve. The platform doesn’t issue certificates, but the courses and knowledge you will acquire will look great on your resume.
In 2020 the platform introduced live sessions. It enables students to grow, learn, connect and explore within a creative community. Each session lasts no more than 60 minutes and enhances new skills and lessons.
Ask questions in real-time and get exclusive behind-the-scenes insights. How do Skillshare lives sessions work?
Even for projects you created during the class, you will get the URL which you can add to the resume, portfolio, and elsewhere.
- Just click the Notify button next to the course you want to take. You will see that the class status has changed to Registered.
- You will receive a joining notification 15 minutes before the event starts on the day of the event.
- The number of participants is limited to 300, but this is a popular course, so please register early.
- You can participate and ask questions in the chat. Turning on the camera is recommended but not mandated.
- All live sessions are conducted on the Zoom platform.
- All the top-notch live sessions get a few selective approved teachers.
Skillshare is the best online learning platform that makes it easy for anyone to take online video courses. Founded in 2012, the company’s main motivation was to enable learning while watching online video content.
Compared to other online platforms, Skillshare is inexpensive and a great way to improve your professional skills, discover new courses and spark new interests.
Courses are available as a temporary free trial but require an annual subscription called Skillshare Premium.
It also offers team subscriptions to furnish your book club or office coworkers with group access.
As the course progresses, you can clear your doubts from teachers and other students during the discussion tab. Most teachers provide quick responses and feedback, but some require patience teaching is not a typical full-time job.
Once you’ve completed your final class assignments, you can also share them from the Projects & Resources tab. The platform assures classes can be taken on the go. Skillshare mobile version is also available on the App Store or Google Play.
Skillshare classes offer a large number of courses in diverse categories.
Further in this Skillshare review, let us peek through these categories and what they offer.
Skillshare offers more than 1400 skill development courses to enroll in, assembled into 03 categories; Create, Build and Thrive.
This category and its sub-topic concentrated on filmmakers, artists, graphic designers, web developers, and more. It has courses full of creativity. Its subcategories include;
- Fine Art
- Film & Video
- Creative Writing
- Graphic Design
- UI/UX Design
- Web Development
The build category covers business-related topics like marketing, sales, business strategies, etc. Some of the following subcategories;
- Business Analytics
- Leadership & Management
- Freelance & Entrepreneurship
It is the smallest of all three categories and currently consists of only two subcategories;
To help you choose the right course, Skillshare foremost shows an instructor-recorded introductory video and shows how many students are enrolled.
All courses are in video format and usually of very high quality. The lessons are self-paced, so you can watch the videos and complete the assigned task at your leisure.
Your progress is automatically saved within each course so you can memorize it when you return.
Follow these simple steps to start using Skillshare for the team mentioned below.
#STEP 1- Sign up using your email address. You can continue the signing process with Facebook, Google, or email. Also, with that you can continue to use the 07 days free trial with unlimited courses.
#STEP 3- On selecting the team plans, you will ask to fill in a few details like First name, Last name, email ID, and generate the password.
Up next, moving forward with this Skillshare review, let us see pricing plans for team plans.
Even if you cancel the membership, you stop getting the bill in the next cycle. However, if you cancel during the trial period, it’s not chargeable.
- Skillshare membership is $19/month. It offers an annual fee of $99, equivalent to $8.25 per month, saving you over 50% off.
- The annual price is $99, which brings the monthly bill to $8.25.
- The monthly fee is $15.00 per month.
- Teams are billed annually per user.
Skillshare pricing seems to be very convenient for what it has to offer.
It is a place where learners and teachers can work on their skills and share experiences as the platform provides learning and networking opportunities.
Another thing to consider is that annual subscriptions are non-refundable after 07 days. So, what’s the premium plan have to offer, in the next segment of the Skillshare review we will see premium offerings, advantages, and disadvantages.
- Access nearly 35,000 unlocked classes with premium.
- Extend your community access to get feedback and advice on your project from the Skillshare community.
- Download courses to your phone or tablet via the app for offline viewing.
- Membership fees get directly to your favorite teacher.
Now that we have reviewed Skillshare pricing plans. The next segment will enlighten the advantages and disadvantages.
- You can sign up for a 30-day free trial to try before investing in a subscription plan.
- Skillshare premium offers free access to workshops and live learning sessions.
- You can get optional assignments and community interaction.
- If you have ample time to commit to learning online. The platform has plenty of free courses to offer
- Constantly growing library with more than 30,000 courses
- Simple and easy to use. It is easy to jump back and revisit difficult sections whenever you want.
- No guarantee that instructors will participate in community features.
- Skillshare does not provide certificates of completion or any official documentation.
- Some classes are deprecated and require further checking.
Read Our Latest Review;
There are tons of exciting things happening with Skillshare as the platform continues to grow with thousands of online classes.
And the members are enjoying it.
All classes fall into three different categories. Create, build, and thrive.
The Skillshare Dashboard is easy to use and full of inspiration. The course has chapters as short videos, perfect for getting the most out of the content.
It will hardly take 5 minutes to create your account, log in to the browser for content and find the course you love.
Kudos to Skillshare for the easily navigable dashboard and for introducing the mobile platform. Besides some drawbacks, this platform makes an excellent choice for the best online learning platforms.
Concluding, the Skillshare review bends in the positive aspects with cost-effective learning ways with tons of categories to choose from creativity to business learning.